The Quails: Week 12 Story


The Quails

King Quail has been very upset
Time after time, a man would hunt them with a net

When he does, he never seems to fail
He takes what he captured, to the market he sells

King Quail devises a plan
To beat the man, he's sure they can

He tells the quails when the time comes, fly up together
To be strong, work together, and never ever surrender

The plan works. The quails survive each time
Til one day, two quails get into a fight

A man comes closer and sees the opportunity
The king warns the other, while the two quails ignore foolishly

The other quails fly away with the king
while the other two were never seen

A man hunting the quails (Websource)


Bibliography. "The Quarrelsome Quails" from Twenty Jakata Tales by Noor Inayat. Websource.

Author's Note: I kept the true story and plot of Inayat's The Quarrelsome Quails. I wanted to do a story in rhymes. I really did not change anything from the original story. The biggest challenge I set for myself for this specific storytelling assignment is to find rhymes and to keep the story short. I wanted the story to be a straightforward easy read.







Comments

  1. Hi Amy! I love a good rhyming story! I also enjoyed how you kept the plot and so the lesson throughout the retelling. The retelling keeps it short and sweet while also getting the full lesson across of how important it is to work together and not fight with each other. I find the Jakatas very interesting and am glad to see that this is how you retold it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy!

    I really liked your story. The aspect of you trying to rhyme was done very well. I honestly feel that this story could be published in a short story collection. It was very interesting and well thought of. Stories that have a sense of meaning in them really appeal to me. The moral to this one was if you listen then maybe bad things will not happen to you. Just a thought. Anyways, you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Amy, a girl who despises the question "Where are you from?"

Nina and her Terrible Boyfriend: Week 5 Story