Topic Research: Ashwatthama




Focus Character: Ashwatthama is the son of Drona and the grandson of Bharadwaja.

Storybook idea: I am hoping to place Ashwatthama as a character in the Marvel universe. I really think this would be a cool story as he has all the aspects of a Marvel Character.


Important stories:

1. Death of Drona

Ashwatthama's father, Drona, was an undefeated commander who loved his son more than anything in the world. However, this also makes his son his one weakness. His enemies used this as an advantage. Drona's death was gruesome. This event changed Ashwatthama forever. 

I am hoping to use this story as a backstory for Ashwatthama. This explains why he is the way he is. The death of his father was very sad, especially since all his father ever truly loved was his son. I want to emphasize their relationship in my story. 

Source: http://ouocblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/pde-mahabharata-death-of-drona.html

2. The Massacre of the Pandava Camp

Ashwatthama slaughtered most of the Pandavas camp avenging his father's death.

This is definitely one of the most brutal stories I have read so far. He murdered most of the camp without showing much mercy. This makes me question whether he is actually a villain or a hero. Maybe he is neither? 

Source: http://ouocblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/pde-mahabharata-raid.html

3. His Curse

Ashwatthama was cursed by Krishna for the killings he has done. Ashwatthama's divine gem was taken and he was cursed to become a chiranjivi (immortal ones).

Ashwatthama becomes immortal in this story. This will be the beginning of everything for my story. Ashwatthama will be interacting with other characters many years later. I would like some interactions with Marvel characters and other chiranjivis. I am still debating whether or not to have him as a hero or villain (or maybe neither).

Source: http://ouocblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/pde-mahabharata-aswatthaman-cursed.html


The Vengeance of Ashwatthama (Graphic Novel)

I'd like to read this novel as well, but I have not gotten the chance to visit Bizzell.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

Introduction to Amy, a girl who despises the question "Where are you from?"

Nina and her Terrible Boyfriend: Week 5 Story